- This event has passed.
Online Workshop for JAFZA Shipping Companies on Intellectual Property
December 12, 2023
Gulf BPG participated in an online workshop organized by Dubai Customs IPR department for shipping companies in JAFZA. The workshop commenced with welcoming remarks from Ms. Fatma Ahmad Alblooshi, Officer of Awareness and Education, representing Mr. Jamal Bader Taher, Administration Awareness and Education at Dubai Customs. Additionally, Mr. Hamad AL Sayegh, Head of Strategic Accounts at JAFZA, also delivered welcoming notes.
Ms. Al Blooshi initiated the workshop with an introduction to the IPR department, followed by a presentation on Recording IP, Awareness, and Education, as well as Recycling by Ms. Aysha Hareb. Subsequently, Ms. Yana Tsyakova, a board member of Gulf BPG, delved into the following topics:
- Significance of Protecting Intellectual Property (IP)
- Differentiation Between Registration and Recording.
- The Role of Customs in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- IP Enforcement and Liability
- Customs Seizures and Actions Available to Rights Holders.
The workshop concluded with a question-and-answer session, and overall, it was a successful event.